Kickstart Disability Arts & Culture is seeking local visual artists who identify as living with a disability to share a market booth at the Granville Island Community Market this summer. Every Thursday from June – September 2019, Kickstart will be on Granville Island, doing community outreach, and we’d like to have a different artist share the booth with us each week. It is an unbelievable experience and a free opportunity to get your work in front of the public and the opportunity to sell work. This is also a paid opportunity for Artists.
Applications must include:
– An artist CV or resume which includes your name, address, phone, email, website.
– a bio or statement that tells us something about yourself and being an artist.
– 4 images of your artwork.
– List of artworks submitted including the title, size, medium, price.
Deadline for submissions / No deadline
Artists will be notified within 2 weeks for submitting their application.
Submit your application
– email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please put “Community Market” in the subject line.
It is FREE* to apply!
* You must be a current Kickstart Member to participate in Kickstart events and opportunities.
* Kickstart takes a 20% commission on the sale of all artwork sold.
Have any questions?
Contact us by email at email@example.com or by phone at 604-343-9141
Kickstart is a Vancouver-based non-profit registered charity, founded in 1998, with a mandate to support and promote artists with disabilities. We do this by presenting professional work by artists with disabilities to public audiences, raising public awareness of their contribution to the arts, and paying the artists for their work.